Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SteveDiane

Dear Joan:

Though we cannot know the depth of your loss, we still share some of the real pain. Larry's impish smile that accompanied his shared insights, deep and appreciated as they were, will remain etched in our memory for quite a while, I am sure. I (Steve) came to a much deeper appreciation of the quality of the man when I spent an extended lunch period with him during one of the CFI Board meetings in the patio area near the Tucson Chamber of Commerce. I saw then that Larry was a large cut above the run-of-the-mill animal rationalis.

Larry showed me that day, particularly, the truth of what my mom and dad taught me early on: 'still water runs deep.' So we will remember him fondly as we sympathize with you in your great loss. We trust that the good memories of a truly fine man will help you shoulder bravely the heavy loss that nature has forced on you.

Hoping to see you soon,

Steve and Diane

No comments: